Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Past Forever

Not too much has gone on since I last posted.
Prom was a lot of fun. We went to Ruby River for dinner. We couldn't find the other guy in my car's date's house. We thought she lived in North Ogden but she actually lived in Pleasant View. We were about an hour late for dinner and we didn't get to the dance until an hour after it had started. It was so much fun though.
That next week I went up to California for a Jazz Band competition. We didn't do too badly but we had played all those songs better. That happens every time we do a competition. It is a lot easier to play our instruments in California so the trumpets kept overshooting the notes on Sesame Street and playing them too high. That song sounded absolutely horrible. I was surprised we got the score we did and it wasn't lower.
Then on Thursday I went up to Woodbadge for the first time. It was a lot of fun teaching adults but it was also very, very cold. I figured out you don't get much sleep up there. We ended up going to bed at midnight and waking up at 5:45 the next morning. I felt really bad because I kept almost falling asleep during the lectures type things we had. But it was loads of fun.
Track season is now over for me. Region is this Wednesday and Thursday but I'm not going. I still have the tendonitis in my ankle though.
That is about all that went on for the past few weeks.
Love ya,
-Aimee

No comments: